Monday, October 3, 2011

The countdown continues ... 75 days til I return home.

Other than being overly excited to go home, I'm enjoying my time here. Its been so hard to adjust to the lifestyle of the Irish and simply being away from the ones I love back at home. But as I get out and explore everything in Ireland, I appreciate this opportunity more and more. Our field trips (with my Irish Experience class) have been fabulous. They're clearly educational, but more importantly ... to me ... they're enjoyable, interesting, and FREE TRIPS. You can never pass up free trips around another country to beautiful destinations.

Our first field trip ... pictures are below in an older blog. This past Friday (September 30, 2011), we went to an Irish Heritage foundation and the beach that Saving Private Ryan was shot on. Both sites were incredibly enjoyable. The heritage foundation was very informative and interesting whereas the beach was relaxing and beautiful (even through all the rain). Pictures will be posted soon.

We've been doing our best to take mini trips around Ireland on the weekends to get out of the house. There is much more to Ireland other than Carlow's pubs and nightlife (which got old after the first week). This weekend we ventured to Cork, Ireland. There we saw the Blarney Castle and Stone ... P.S. I kissed the Blarney Stone ... and we also went to the Jameson (Irish Whiskey) Distillery. Both sites were so beautiful and interesting. Ireland has so much history and beautiful sites to see.

I cannot wait to continue my ventures here in Ireland. It will be the only way that I can truly enjoy my time here, make the time pass, and take advantage of the opportunity that has been given to me.

Again ... pictures from the past weekend will be posted soon. It takes forever for pictures to upload.

No comments:

Post a Comment